Sunday, February 19, 2012

Praying for water

Friday I thought it might be wise to bring our problems to the Lord. So we prayed and asked the Lord for water. Then I went and tried to rent a water pump. We wrestled with the pump for hours but it never was able to pump the water from the deep well. I finally gave up and took the pump back. With in an hour of our return home it began to poor down rain. We were able to fill our reservoirs with water. I got a very clear message from the Lord: "Ask me and then wait and see what I will do. I don't need your help."

Because of hard rains and electrical storms which lit up the sky, we lost all power yesterday afternoon. It has been about 18 hours but the power is back. For how long, no one really knows. The power is very unstable so I have gotten serge protectors in hopes of saving my appliances . The training center is beautiful , rich with all kinds of food plants and we look forward to starting classes next week. Birds and butterflies of all sorts of colors and sizes flutter about. life has returned to what was once a baren plot of land. My prayer is that the whole village will catch the vision and move forward in self sustenance. Pray that the women will be encouraged and be empowered.

No comments: